The LGBTQ & ally community is an integral part of our campus, but there are many people at Wake who are unaware of LGBTQ and ally experiences.
This year, the LGBTQ Center is beginning an awareness campaign as a part of Faces of Courage, celebrating 50 years of integration at Wake Forest. We invite you as LGBTQ and ally community members to share your story.
Your story can be as long or as short as you would like it to be. Please write freely. Stories may be submitted anonymously. Some topic suggestions are…
- What challenges have you experienced as an LGBTQ/ally student/faculty/staff member at Wake?
- What positive experiences have you had as an LGBTQ/ally student/faculty/staff member at Wake?
- Are you in the closet? If so, what concerns you most about coming out?
- What is your coming out story?
- What challenges did you face when you came out?
- What stereotypes of the LGBTQ community frustrate you most?
- What challenges do you fear that you will face because you are LGBTQ/an ally?
- As an ally, how has your relationship with your LGBTQ peers impacted your life?
Sharing your story today can help educate others and strengthen our campus community. Thank you for taking time to submit your story.
Note: If you choose to submit this form anonymously, the LGBTQ Center will be unable to follow up for clarification or additional information. By submitting this form, you give the LGBTQ Center permission to use the information you have provided. Your story may be edited for grammar, and materials may only include excerpts of the information you have provided.