On behalf of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Center, welcome to Wake Forest University! The LGBTQ Center is part of this university’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and works to foster a safe, inclusive environment for Wake Forest students of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
The LGBTQ Center’s mission is to provide support and advocacy to Wake Forest’s LGBTQ-identified students, faculty and staff, and education to the entire campus community about issues of gender identity and sexual orientation.
The Center provides ongoing programs such as:
- An LGBTQ Center listserv with weekly information about campus events, speakers, and programming of interest to LGBTQ and allied folks;
- QWake, In the Life (ITL), and TGQ—monthly confidential conversation groups for LGBTQ-identified students, LGBTQ-identified students of color, and students who identify as transgender, genderqueer, or who are not sure where they fit on the gender spectrum;
- Coffee Hour—a weekly social every Thursday from 3-4pm in Benson 218. Stop by for coffee, tea, cookies, and comfy couches. Allies are welcome!
- Office Hours—weekly opportunities to meet with LGBTQ Center staff for one-on-one conversations;
- Safe Zone Program—an in-depth, interactive presentation designed to educate Wake Forest faculty, staff, and students about the LGBTQ community and how to become an ally;
- Resource Library—a growing collection of books and other resources available to all Wake community members;
- Social and educational events open to all campus & community members.
You can find out more about our programs and other ways to get involved here on our website or by following us on Facebook or Twitter. If you have questions about resources, need help or support, or just want to talk to someone, please feel free to reach out to us directly.
We hope you enjoy your time at Wake Forest! Please let us know if we can be of assistance in any way.
Dr. Angela Mazaris